On Fri 2010.01.29 at 11:05 +0100, Christian Neukirchen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently cwm(1) grabs the keyboard for M-Tab/MS-Tab cycling, which
> works well until you try to rebind these keys to, say, 4-Tab.  I
> propose clearing the keygrab if any modifier is released (this kind of
> "breaks" the current behavior if you, M-Tab-Tab-Tab-Tab and, say, press
> Ctrl in between, but who does that?):

hi - there's an issue with just checking for e->state, for once you
cycle through more than once, cwm will be grabbing the keyboard until
the very next keyrelease event; so you'd end up cycling through a bunch
of windows and have to hit some other key to hit XUngrabKeyboard().
i would find this highly annoying :)

you'll notice a bunch of XXX's around code that deals with cycling and
it all needs to be re-done; doing so should hopefully get rid of the
keyrelease event all-together - i think i have an idea how ...

> I also have a small wishlist of features that generally would be useful:
> - a keybinding to pop up the hide menu

shouldn't be too difficult.

> - a command to remove all keybindings (it's hell for Emacs users to
>   disable all default commands and remap them to e.g. 4-)
> - alternatively, changing all key prefixes at once (like evilwm did).

ah, we've had a few iterations of the above 2 points floating around for
sometime; have to find and review all of them someday :)

cheers,
okan