When I attempt to use my wireless card (AR5424) I get the following:

ath0: unable to reset hardware; hal status 3520208968

The number at the end changes when I try again.

I believe I've traced where the error message is thrown to a section of code
in src/sys/dev/ic/ath.c:

if (!ath_hal_reset(ah, ic->ic_opmode, &hchan, AH_TRUE, &status)) {
                printf("%s: unable to reset hardware; hal status %u\n",
                        ifp->if_xname, status);
                error = EIO;
                goto done;
        }

I'm going to recompile with ATH_DEBUG=10 and see if I can get more
information.  I'm also trying to trace down the ath_hal_reset function
to see if I can't find something in that area.

Does anyone that's worked on a similar error have any "pointers?"  Thanks.