On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 10:48:49 +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:

>On 2010/06/13 17:31, Rod Whitworth wrote:

>> >if the point of that rule is the same as the point of the rule in
>> >ftp-proxy(8), then the rule should really match the man page (which uses
>> >"quick") or vice versa.
>>
>> Note that the ftp-proxy manpage does "pass in quick" with no interface
>> limitation......
>
>So what do you think, maybe 'pass in quick on !egress...' ?

Hmmm, now that I'm getting the hang of match, and it gets a lot of
exposure in man pf.conf, I'm half inclined to change both the example
ruleset AND ftp-proxy manpage to accept the spirit of the pf.conf
descriptions.

Particularly because it is another example of match usage that
clarifies the pf.conf docs.

The more examples the better, as long as they all do individual tasks.

Of course you guys decide.

/R/

*** NOTE *** Please DO NOT CC me. I <am> subscribed to the list.
Mail to the sender address that does not originate at the list server is
tarpitted. The reply-to: address is provided for those who feel compelled to
reply off list. Thankyou.

Rod/
---
This life is not the real thing.
It is not even in Beta.
If it was, then OpenBSD would already have a man page for it.