On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 08:00:34PM +0200, Christopher Zimmermann wrote:

> it just took me 2 hours to figure out that OpenBSD does not yet
> support the WPA enterprise mode (aka 802.1X). Is this actually
> true? If yes, please include the patch below to make this clear
> in the man page.

yes, see ifconfig.8 cvs log -r1.55:

----------------------------
revision 1.155
date: 2008/04/16 18:32:15;  author: damien;  state: Exp;  lines: +137 -6
Kernel implementation of the 4-way handshake and group-key
handshake protocols (both supplicant and authenticator state
machines) as defined in the IEEE 802.11i standard.

Software implementation of the TKIP (Temporal Key Integrity
Protocol) and CCMP (CTR with CBC-MAC Protocol) protocols.

This diff doesn't implement any of the 802.1X authentication
protocols and thus only PSK authentication (using pre-shared
keys) is currently supported.

i've updated the man page.
jmc