On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 12:45:10PM +0000, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 20:59:22 +0000
> Jacob Meuser <jake...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
>
> > thoughts?
>
> Probably not the thoughts your after especially on tech, but some of the
> panics I was seeing a while back (keep meaning to run more recent and
> proper tests with output, but time is short at the mo) would occur just
> after device removal and only with certain usb readers. If I remember
> right, usually after bb_reset messages. This along with other work on
> usb I've seen definately seems to ring bells.
>
> I'll try to find the time to see if my 4.8 snapshot can be paniced with
> some troublesome readers, though I'm not sure if the ones that were
> troublesome varied on 4.5/4.6? and 4.7. Anyway, If I can, I'll try
> your patch

dlg@ fixed some panics that were caused by removing sd(4) devices not
so long ago, e.g. sys/scsi/sd.c r1.212.  anyway, this patch doesn't
touch umass(4), so it probably isn't a whole lot of help for that
particular case.

for people testing this, I'm more interested that it doesn't break
anything, than that it fixes some particular case, because I already
know that it does fix some particular cases.

--
jake...@sdf.lonestar.org