On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 7:41 AM, Mark Kettenis <mark.kette...@xs4all.nl>
wrote:
> A bit late to the game, but I don't really agree with Tedu that the
> changed behaviour is an improvement.  Say I have configured
> hotplugd(8) such that it automatically mounts things when I plug in my
> camera.  Now I reboot my machine, without unplugging the camera.
> Previously hotplugd(8) would remount things upon boot.  Now suddenly
> it doesn't and I have to unplug and replug the camera.

I think the solution to that is to make adding the duid to fstab work.
 At boot, if the duid exists, it's mounted.  If it doesn't, it doesn't
mount but also doesn't error out.  This may already work even, I
haven't tried it.

For example, network interfaces plugged in at boot just work without
hotplug support.  If the device is present, hostname.if is run.  If
not, no error.  I think disks should work the same way.