On 01/07 06:21, Nicholas Marriott wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 08:48:20AM -0800, Jeremy Evans wrote:

> > > Hmm, ISTR I meant to look at this ages ago but it got lost, sorry.
> > >
> > > So you are overloading -u to mean UDP without -l and datagram with -l?
> > > I guess this makes sense, but we need man page changes?
> >
> > If you mean -U instead of -l, yes.  -u without -U is IP UDP, -u with -U
> > is unix datagram.  The man page doesn't say you can't use -u and -U
> > together, and it doesn't say that -U means unix stream sockets, though
> > that is currently all that -U supports.  However, I think that making
> > some clarifications to the man page would helpful.
>
> Yes, sorry, I meant -U.
>
> This mostly looks fine to me, a few comments:
>
> I don't much like using mktemp at all. How about just plain requiring -s
> with -Uu?

It's annoying to the user to have to specify it when they won't usually
care.  If you are worried about security, guenther@ thought this usage
was secure: http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=120299257422367&w=2

I'd prefer we always use a random socket over forcing the user to
specify one, but I thinking giving the user choice is best, just like
we give them choice of sending address in the IP case.

> Do you actually hit the ENOBUFS condition in atomicio.c?

Yes.  That's the only reason I knew to add it.

Jeremy