On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 08:56:57PM -0500, Brad wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:16:49PM +0000, Jacob Meuser wrote:
> > some ATI azalia controllers are brojen after resume, as in PR 6550.
> > the following diff gathers most of the pci conf register manipulation
> > done in azalia_pci_attach() into a new function, azalia_configure_pci(),
> > and calls that function in azalia_pci_attach() and azalia_resume().
> >
> > this fixes one reported case of post-resume brokenness and doesn't
> > cause any problems on other machines I've tested on, including an
> > ATI device that was working.  waiting to hear back about the PR and
> > other reports, but wanted to get this out for testing asap.
> >
> > please test.  thanks.
>
> This doesn't change anything about the symptom mentioned in the PR
> and its still broken after resume.
FWIW it does fix suspend for me on my desktop. Without this diff everything
comes back properly, except for audio which sounds like stuttering static.
With this diff my desktop behaves like my laptop when it comes to audio, just
works.

--
Cheers,
Jasper

"Capable, generous men do not create victims, they nurture them."