On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 07:02:21PM +0300, Sviatoslav Chagaev wrote:

> I always thought that the idea behind the *ctl programs is to provide a
> way to configure totally different things in a similar manner.
> Therefore *ctl programs should behave as similarily as possible.

so where is your diff to add an abstraction layer to mixer(4), so
that mixerctl output is the same for *every* device?

that is the solution that would benefit everyone.

adding sorting to mixerctl is stupid.  it solves nothing and makes
maintainence of audio drivers more difficult.

--
jake...@sdf.lonestar.org