On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 07:33:51PM -0700, Philip Guenther wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 7:19 PM, Ted Unangst <ted.unan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Funny enough, when pkill was first added I added an option to confirm
> > each kill.  Guess what letter it used?  That's right, -i, modeled
> > after rm.
>
> "Confirm each kill"?  Ah, that's the option to follow up each kill
> with a SIGKILL between the fds, right?
>

> Philip Guenther

Here with the process police, we like to kill by number.

        -Otto

PS: if you don't get the reference you could listen to the guest
performance of Sting performing "Murder by Numbers" with Frank Zappa's
band on the "Broadway the Hard Way" album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToReX88lzkk

That'll end this sunday's diversion.