2011/7/14 David Gwynne <l...@animata.net>:
> in my environment i have nginx in front of apache to offload ssl
> and to let me easily point different parts of the uri namespace at
> all crazy backends we have. this works fine except if the apache
> wants to canonicalise something on the "ssl" backends. because the
> ssl is done in nginx, apache doesnt know that it should use https
> as the scheme rather than just http and redirects the user to the
> wrong port.

I used to have something like:

<VirtualHost _default_80>
       ServerName internal.my.domain

       SetEnv HTTPS On

</VirtualHost>

And that was enough to get apache to tact https in front of every
link, even though it is serving plan http to the front end (e.g.
nginx.)

That is now commented out because I tweaked my CMS to manage the
links. Just thought that it might work for you too.

--
g):g.1e/h2/g   )cf71h07e/e.9f04
sunnz.org