On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 14:42:26 -0500, Marco Peereboom wrote:
> Version 4 fixes all reported bugs.
>
> Some folks have expressed doubt about the simplistic way of updating the
> history file.  Specifically the rewriting of all entries.  I am
> sensitive to that and know a couple of optimizations that can easily be
> applied.  However before I go there I'd like to get a thumbs up or down
> on this approach.  It trashes the binary history file format and
> replaces it with flat text.  Is this something we want?

Great, thanks, works with and without a HISTFILE.

Although, I've never used a history file, if this fixes something then
definitely yes, *but* please reconsider merging the various great
improvements too, that Alexander has created [1] in the past months.
(my favorites are the completion improvements and #8 :) ).

They are stable; I have been testing them since he had posted the diffs
on tech@.

Daniel

[1] http://plhk.ru/trash/ksh/

--