Hello all.

After some talks on opennet.ru I dived into the sys/uvm/ and other
places, having a few more or less tech-nical questions raised now. Can
anybody answer them?

1. amap_share_protect() in sys/uvm/uvm_amap.c is totally unused, is there
any point for keeping it around?

2. Am I right that W^X techniques like segment splitting on i386 are not
used in kernel?

2a. If yes, what's the main stopper here?

3. What's the point in keeping sys/arch/i386/i386/pmapae.c? Are there any
plans for re-enabling PAE support?

4. Stack gap limit (STACKGAP_RANDOM) on almost all archs is 256*1024
(some use less). Are there any pitfalls in growing it on (64-bit) archs
like amd64, changing random bit count from 15 to something more
effective?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for bothering, if any.

--
  WBR,
  Vadim Zhukov