On 26/01/12 5:03 PM, Jan Klemkow wrote:
Hello,

I miss some std libc functions in OpenBSD. So, I deside to implement a
few of them by myself. This is a diff for getdelim(3) and getline(3).
Which are described here:
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/getdelim.html

Seeing as I just had to fix a 3rd-party app that wanted getline() and their
wrapper and the way it was linking was broken. So I'd be all for adding an
implementation to libc.

The manpage tooked from NetBSD, because I am not able to write it
better.

At the moment this patch breaks the build, because some programs has
there own getline() function. I do not know the best solution for this
problem now. In my opinion you could rename the self-made functions
to get the std libc function into the source tree. And then, replace
some of them with the std libc functions. I think, you have to choose
a decition individually for every case.

Can you be a bit more speicifc as to what breaks?

believed to be clean.