On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 06:16:53PM +0200, Claudio Jeker wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 03:36:23PM +0200, Henning Brauer wrote:
> > While reviewing the upcoming second edition of Michael Lucas'
> > "Absolute OpenBSD" I actually paid attention to the installer instead
> > of my usual autopilot mode ;) and stumbled over the "Do you want to do
> > any manual network configuration?" question. I think it is obsolete,
> > useless and we should remove it. One, it is barely ever useful (I
> > don't remember EVER using it), two, we have a documented way to escape
> > to a shell at any point (the ! answer).
> >

> I used the manual network config a few times. Sure I could use ! whereever
> else but sometimes it is a handy prompt since it is fairly obvious that
> you get a prompt.

I needed it in different situations. install over wifi with a wep/wpa
key, old crappy hw that need explicit media settings and maybe other
cases that I forgot.
For sure I can interrupt the installation, setup the net manually and
restart it, but I don't really see a benefit in removing that
question.

--
Matthieu Herrb