On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 10:53:15AM -0400, Lawrence Teo wrote:
> My goal is to help the bleary-eyed sysadmin figure out what in the world
> s/he did after working on a project all night long. :)  I think the
> PIDs would help them answer questions like, "Why did I install $PACKAGE
> again?" (where $PACKAGE could be "hunspell" in the above example).

Administrator forgot to turn on his brain.

In the above case, hunspell is a depency of libreoffice, so it was not
installed per se: it won't show up in pkg_info -m
and pkg_info -R will tell him what requires it.

(or hey, pkg_delete -nav will also tell him which packages won't be removed
because they're needed by something).