On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 10:09:28PM -0400, Ted Unangst wrote:
> I have a system with two network interfaces (em0 and em1), running dhcp
> on both. Both dhcp servers provide me with a nameserver, but only one
> of them works (I can't fix this).  There is a config file for dhclient
> I can use, but it only supports the supersede keyword.  I don't want
> to statically configure a nameserver override for em1, because the
> whole point is that the good nameserver on em0 can change.  I just
> want to say "pretend this option did not arrive."
>
> Diff below adds a little support for an ignore keyword.  Like
> supersede, except don't actually use the supplied value.

Not commenting on the diff or the feature, which could indeed be the
corect solution, if maybe only to work around some strict/broken servers.

I was under the impression that if you added an "request" statement
excluding the 'domain-name-servers' option the server would honour that and
only offer the options you've explictly requested..

Does something like this work for you?

interface "em0" {
        request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, routers, domain-name-servers;
}

interface "em1" {
        request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, routers;
}

-Bryan.