Quoting Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>:

On 2012/08/10 10:05, Vijay Sankar wrote:

I tested one APC UPS I have here with apcupsd and it works well. If
this information is of any use, please let me know and I can test it
with other APC UPS'es we have here (ES 550 etc.) and report back.

Thanks, is that with the APC entries in usb_quirks.c removed?
You can check in dmesg that the UPS attaches to uhid(4) rather
than ugen(4).

Also, apcupsd.org documentation indicates that using apcupsd will
result in loss of USB keyboards and mice on OpenBSD. I did not have
such problems with my setup -- my USB keyboard and mouse works fine
so far.

This is pretty old information. Before the quirk was added (in
2007), it would have been necessary to disable the uhid(4) driver
in kernel config to allow the UPS to attach to ugen(4) instead.

But now in -current/5.2 it's possible to carry out certain
operations from userland even though a device is attached to a
driver other than ugen(4).

Thanks very much.

dmesg | grep APC

ugen0 at uhub3 port 4 "APC Back-UPS ES 650 FW:818.w1.D USB FW:w1" rev 1.10/1.06 addr 5

I will remove the following

{ USB_VENDOR_APC, USB_PRODUCT_APC_UPS, ANY, { UQ_BAD_HID }}, { USB_VENDOR_APC, USB_PRODUCT_APC_UPS5G, ANY, { UQ_BAD_HID }},

and test it on a different system. Sorry about that.

Vijay

Vijay Sankar, M.Eng., P.Eng.
ForeTell Technologies Limited
vsan...@foretell.ca

This message was sent using ForeTell-POST 4.9