On Sun, Oct 07, 2012 at 04:04:16PM +0200, Gregor Best wrote:
> > [...]
> > I don't think changing the idle loop like this is ok.  You want to
> > continue checking whether the runqueue is empty in between
> > cpu_idle_enter() and cpu_idle_leave().
> > [...]
>
> Fair point. I'll change that :)

Your diff doesn't pass userland compiles.
You're adding a dependency on tree.h in proc.h.

In kernel land on amd64, that's okay, since machine/param.h will pull
machine/cpu.h which pulls sys/sched.h which now pulls sys/tree.h,

but it definitely doesn't fly in userland... my build crashed & burned
in libc...

assuming that's okay (not usually a kernel guy), you can go include
sys/tree.h directly in proc.h...

Please, please, please, don't vanish into the woods for the next 6 months.

Try splitting up your diff and working them into pieces kernel hackers can
work with...