On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 08:35:52AM -0500, Kenneth R Westerback wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 03:14:40PM -0500, sven falempin wrote:
> > 2012/11/9 Kenneth R Westerback <kwesterb...@rogers.com>
> >
> > > Those of you following -current or running very recent snaps may have
> > > noticed a lot of changes to dhclient in the last couple of weeks.
> > >
> > > Aside from some major clean up, these changes revolve around the
> > > elimination of the dhclient-script as both detrimental to sanity
> > > and our ability to move forward to better network configuration
> > > automation.
> > >
> > > So far a couple of uses for dhclient-script have been reported and
> > > workarounds have to be developed for these scenarios.
> > >
> > > But now that most of the changes are committed we are very interested
> > > in making sure that scenarios that lead people to modify dhclient-script
> > > are identified sooner rather than later.
> > >
> > > So please test the new dhclient(8) in as many situations as possible
> > > and report both 'noraml' bugs/regressions and problems you have not
> > > been able to solve without dhclient-script. Thanks.

How to prevent deleting of /etc/resolv.conf by dhclient?

I have this:

# egrep -v "^#|^[ \t]*$" /etc/dhclient.conf
ignore domain-name-servers, domain-name;

The goal is to have always my own /etc/resolv.conf. I'm using pdnsd, the
best would be to catch offerent dns server and if OK I would like to do
someting with that. (I was using that on Ubuntu, caching if offered
dns servers are ones from my job, if so and then into pdnsd setup;
because internal company's dns server sucked a lot and I was using
other public dns for normal recursive queries but going via internal
company's ones only for specific domains.)

Anway, I don't like to be without /etc/resolv.conf and also have there
so stupid dns offered by dhcp.

Thanks for tips.

jirib