On 2013/02/07 09:26, sven falempin wrote:
> egress, vr0 ext are all the same, arent they ?

Probably, but you didn't give enough information to be sure.

For example if you have IPv6 via a tunnel interface (or perhaps
more importantly, if you later add it), then that will also be
in the egress group but might not have an IPv4 address and I
haven't tested to see how that works. Or if you have a lower
priority default route via another interface that you didn't
mention, then that could also be in 'egress'. Perhaps unlikely
but without the information I don't want to make assumptions.

(Personally I do like using interface groups where I'm referring
to the interface, but try and tie things down a bit further for
IP addresses especially for NAT).