On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Bob Beck <b...@openbsd.org> wrote:

> Sylvestre, one of the problems with fuse itself is that it's GPL
> licensed, and not appropriate
> for inclusion in base. If you've got interets and talent in this area,
> you might want to consider
> having a peek at puffs (and refuse) from netbsd which has a workable
> license and could
> be included in base.   I would definitely help if you're interested...
>
> -Bob

Bob,

I am not quite sure but I think that only libfuse and sshfs are GPL
licenced. The patches for those two items are only present in ports.

All the code present in src is ISC licenced. The kernel communicate with
libfuse througth a device (ie /dev/fuse) and only share a header with the
libfuse (fuse_kernel.h) which is BSD licenced. FreeBSD used the same way to
implement it. (I do not know if it is a good example)

Anyway, It could be fun to have a peek at puffs/refuse and have your help :)

Cheers,

--
Sylvestre Gallon