On 2013/03/31 16:46, Marc Espie wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 04:32:05PM +0200, Marc Espie wrote:
> > >
> > > oh, and there is one thing about -p as a default: it increases
> > > the chances of a messed-up terminal if the file has binary crap in
> > > it, as it does not do any strnvis() or similar.
> >
> > We could (should) fix that. That's rather trivial to do...
>
> Actually, no. It makes little sense. The diff itself doesn't encode its
> input.
>
> The function name that -p outputs is just as dangerous as the source file
> contents itself...

You know what you're going to get if you edit a line with/near
lines like this and then diff it, but the function name can be a bit
unexpected (I had minor trouble with this in the past with update-patches
in ports). Not particularly major, just thought it worth mentioning if
we're talking about adding this to default config.