On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:05:45PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
Does anyone see problems with this plan?

Sounds good.
I agree with Andres, that a structure should be required for the locale
name, I guess fine starting with C, POSIX, C.encoding, POSIX.encoding, ll.encoding or ll_CC.encoding, with CC according to ISO 3166-1 alfa-2,
and ll according to ISO 639-1.

Although POSIX doesn't impose structure on the locale names, neither in
the directory structure, besides order, in my humble opinion it could make in future easier the implemenation of localedef (
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/xbd_chap07.html ).
to be able to put in the correct directory each part.

--
Dios, gracias por tu amor infinito.
-- Vladimir Támara Patiño. http://vtamara.pasosdeJesus.org/