On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 05:50:26PM +0200, Claudio Jeker wrote:
> Ugh, that is horrible code that works around broken userland daemons.
> Diff is OK but I would like to remove this check in the long run. What do
> you think?

I have commited my quick fix.  The comment speaks about "older
version of routed or gated".  Better fix these daemons if the bug
still exists there.  If a daemons wants a cloning route, it should
set the flag.  Especially ospf6d does it that way.

The comment is from 1992
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/csrg/sys/netinet/if_ether.c?r1=54715&r2=54716&;

The code was commited in 1991 here
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/csrg/sys/netinet/if_ether.c?r1=51993&r2=51994&;

Revision 51994 - (show annotations) (download)
Tue Dec 17 16:05:05 1991 UTC (21 years, 10 months ago) by sklower
File MIME type: text/plain
File size: 14908 byte(s)

enforce cloning bit for route to interface

        if ((rt->rt_flags & RTF_HOST) == 0) /* Route to IF? XXX*/
                rt->rt_flags |= RTF_CLONING;

bluhm