On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 08:31:58PM +0100, Ingo Schwarze wrote:
> -        'DISTRIBUTION' => 'DAGOLDEN/Module-Build-0.39_01.tar.gz',
> +        'DISTRIBUTION' => 'LEONT/Module-Build-0.4007.tar.gz',

It's only 4.003 in 5.18, not sure if that makes a difference, but
this patch would need to be ported forward if we move to newer versions
of perl.

https://github.com/Perl/perl5/tree/maint-5.18/cpan/Module-Build

Module::Build will be deprecated as a core module in 5.20 (May 2014) and
removed in 5.22 (I guess May 2015).
http://www.dagolden.com/index.php/2140/paying-respect-to-modulebuild/

Post vBSDcon I have most existing patches working with 5.18.1, the only
failing so far is that with threads enabled t/op/threads-dirh.t fails.
(mv patches/{APPLIES,GOOD}/use_threads.patch)
This test appears to point to a failure that needs fixing but I am not
skilled enough to know how.

https://github.com/afresh1/OpenBSD-perl

Would it be preferred to plan ahead for removal and to somehow do this
update in the ports tree?

Other than that, the changes that I saw in that patch didn't look scary
to me and I would be happy to use the updated version, three argument
open seems like a good improvement.

l8rZ,
--
andrew - http://afresh1.com

At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you
will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming
it on the computer.