> On Nov 14, 2013 7:30 PM, "Dmitrij D. Czarkoff" <czark...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > I'm strugling to find any documentation for RTL8188* wireless devices
> > (including those already supported in urtwn driver). I wrote to Realtek,
> > but no responce followed.
> >
> > My problem is that I have a MiniPCI RTL8188CE device in my ThinkPad, and
> > I want to try writing a driver for it. AFAIK RTL8188CE-VAU (supported in
> > urtwn) is essencially RTL8188CE with USB bridge, so having access to
> > documentation urtwn driver was based on would be very helpful.
> >
> > So, if anyone knows where these docs can be found, I would be very
> > greatful.
> >
> > --
> > Dmitrij D. Czarkoff
> >

> Hi Dmitrij,
>
> Wishing you the best finding documentation and receiving a response from
Realtek. It is safe to say the latter has become my hobby... Not of
preference but of perseverance.

> Anyway, I've picked up FreeBSD Device Drivers (Kong) which seems like an
okay, albeit rough, place to start understanding drivers for OpenBSD (only
real driver reference out there besides the tree), though adding support
for the PCIe Mini routine of your device shouldn't be the most difficult
feat ever, the cousin chip is already supported. Check out how other cards
(iwn(4)) attach.

> I've an RTL8723AS-VAU which is reportedly a non-mass production analog to
the 8192CU (also urtwn), except with a BT function. There is even a
`urtwn-rtl8723fw' that comes with urtwn but no documentation on those magic
numbers `8723'. We're on similar boats/rafts.

> Please post back your findings. Would be interested in helping you so as
to help myself and others.

> Cheers.

Sorry, swore this was sent to misc for non-tech content. Curses.