On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Philip Guenther <guent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What problem does the casts solve?

I wasn't sure if people might be calling FD_COPY()/FD_ZERO() with
void* or char* typed arguments (or other custom sized types).  If we
can assume they'll only pass fd_set* arguments, then they could be
done away with.

> (And actually, as noted in naddy's cite from FreeBSD, FD_COPY() is a
> non-standard BSDism, so it can just continue to assume the caller
> pulled in <string.h>)

Sounds good to me.

> That'll put a __fd_zero_set in each .o that references FD_ZERO(), ick.

Oops, yeah, I was thinking they'd be collapsed into a single const
value in the output object, but I forgot they'd need to be kept
separate for object identity.