Hi,

Craig R. Skinner wrote on Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 09:16:23PM +0000:
> On 2013-12-19 Thu 13:43 PM |, Craig R. Skinner wrote:

>> Enhance rc.d/rc.subr with lowered/raised daemon running priority.
> Replace /etc/rc.d/<daemon> rc_renice=X with
> /etc/rc.conf.local <daemon>_nice=X

I'd hate this, or anything similar, to go in.
Adding more knobs is exactly the direction i do not want rc.d(8)
to take, it was to prevent that that i originally got involved,
back at the time in Budapest when it first came up.

I consider the general direction of this patch pointless complexity
and useless knobs.

In order not to end up with SysV-init-like bloat, i say,
nip it in the bud.

Yours,
  Ingo