On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 7:20 AM, Fritjof Bornebusch <frit...@alokat.org> wrote:
> Hi tech,
>
> these diffs use the constant RPP_ECHO_OFF described in the readpassphrase
> manpage and not to value 0x00 itself.

I think this is a doc clarity/consistency issue.  The manpage says:
     readpassphrase() takes the following optional flags:

If the flags are optional, then you can leave them all out, which in
this case means you use zero.

We describe that sort of usage differently and more clearly in other
manpages.  I like regex(3)'s phrasing:
     cflags is the bitwise OR of zero or more of the following flags:

The phrasing of the *at(2) family of functions is slightly less clear
and seems a bit wordy to me on reflection.  fchmodat(2):
     Values for flag are constructed by bitwise-inclusive ORing flags from the
     following list defined in <fcntl.h>:

(followed by a list with only one item, though maybe POSIX will some
day add another)

Hmm, the wording for recv(2) is actually wrong:
     The flags argument to a recv call is formed by ORing one or more of the
     values:

Noooo: it should say _zero_ or more...

jmc, what do you think?

Philip Guenther