On Fri, Jan 24, 2014, at 06:50 AM, Marc Espie wrote:
> You should realize that the pkg tools have gone thru *major internal
> changes*
> over the last month or so.
>
> If you see weird things happening, now is a really good time to report
> them,
> before it's too late...
>

> Also, the 5.4 -> 5.5 update is going to be "fun": there was a kernel flag
> day.
>
> The proper way to update packages will be along the lines of:
> in 5.4:
>
> pkg_info -mq >list
> pkg_delete *
>
> (update to 5.5)
> in 5.5, install new packages:
> pkg_add -z -l list
>

> Again, there might be issues.   Now is a very good time to start
> looking...

Do we have to do any of this if we have been following snapshots or
-current? Are there any other gotchas related to these for those of us
who are running snapshots or -current? I haven't had any obvious Bad
Things jump up and bite me yet, want to keep it that way.
(Software-related, at least; having my onboard SATA controller fall down
and go boom kind of falls outside the realm of that.)

--
  Shawn K. Quinn
  skqu...@rushpost.com