> Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 12:02:16 +0100
> From: IMAP List Administration <li...@y42.org>
>
> Hello Folks,
>
> I've patched, recompiled and relinked libc. Are there any risks in
> installing it on a running production system? Do I need to reboot
> immediately after installation?

Depends on the patch...  But assuming it doesn't affect the ABI, there
should be no problems doing this.

You might want to schedule a reboot anyway.  Until you do, both the
old and the new libc will be in memory as aready running programs will
keep using the old copy.  Of course our libc is tiny compared to other
OSes.  But if memory is really tight...

Minimally you'll want to restart the pieces of software that depend on
the patch libc.  And if it is a security fix...