On Wed, 4 Jun 2014, Philip Guenther wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 4:19 PM, M Farkas-Dyck <strake...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Matthew Dempsky <matt...@dempsky.org> wrote:
> > > Also, look at "man 9 style"; in particular, OpenBSD doesn't put spaces
> > around "->"
> >
> > Not in cited document, but noted.
>
> Read more of the existing kernel code.

(stupid gmail control-enter binding)

Your code should be styled on the existing kernel code.

> > All I need are anonymous struct or union members, also legal under
> > gnu99 and plan9. Alas, gcc seems to lack an option to enable these
> > alone.

Then do without them and use _foo and such as the structure members, as
seen in structures like struct sigaction and siginfo_t.

> > Next version awaits pronunciation on rwlocked sleep.

Use tsleep().  Given your first attempt at writing a new synchronization
primitive, I'm not interested in reading another without demonstration of
greater understanding of the existing primitives.

Philip Guenther