> Not saying I believe or disbelieve him, but it can't hurt to join even
> if it is only until 5.6 comes out.

Another way to phrase this is

    The OpenBSD user community should accept they have suffered
    because Theo declined an invitation to a private email list,
    entirely unrelated to the vendor who was in control of deciding
    where the notification would go.

Riiiiight.  That's a good one.

I will not join that list.  It would not have helped.  I do not
do work in SSL; there's 10 other people on our group who do that.

Shall I send a request that all 10 of our SSL sub-group join that
list, because there's a lot of SSL-related shit coming down the
pipe soon?

Heck, why don't they just let anyone join...