If you or someone you love runs an anoncvs server, they need to see this.

We recently added commitid support to our cvs repo. all works fine with
cvs and this.

However, we ran into a problem with cvsync in ports. Most mirror
maintianers use cvsync to fetch the repository from anoncvs.ca - it
had a bug where it would not get commits to branches that contained
a commitid.

anoncvs.ca (the fanout machine) has been fixed. If your cvsync binary
is up to date with what has been committed, it should fix itself. So what
you need to do is update to the latest -current cvsync port - either
build it from sources or install a recently built snapshot port.

Once you do that, re-run cvsync and you should be back in business.

to check a server do:
cvs -d anon...@yourserver.org:/cvs log gnu/usr.sbin/sendmail/sendm\
ail/conf.c | less  and see if it has r 1.38

Thanks, and sorry for the disruption,

-Bob