> Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 10:20:05 +0200
> From: Stefan Sperling <s...@openbsd.org>
>
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 09:05:56AM +0200, Remi Locherer wrote:
> > I had my athn card working fine in my APU board with -current amd64.
> > But then after a reboot athn was not there anymore. The dmesg showed that
> > it had the id 0xff1c. After the next reboot it attached again normaly
> > (dmesg below from the working state).
> >
> > While searching for the ID 0xff1c I found something in the openwrt ticket
> > system but could not track it down do an actual commit to linux.
> > https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/9991
>
> Adrian Chadd explains the problem as follows.
> In short: If you only see this problem with APU boards, please talk
> to pcengines.

So it seems fairly obvious that the APU BIOS isn't properly POSTing
the wireless card under some circumstances.  The fact that it doesn't
happen upon a cold boot, and doesn't happen with opon a warm boot if
the OpenBSD driver didn't attach, suggests that there is a dependence
on the state in which our driver leaves the hardware upon reboot.