hmm, on Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 02:21:06PM -0400, Brad Smith said that
> On 13/07/14 2:16 PM, frantisek holop wrote:
> >hmm, on Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 05:37:51PM +0200, Denis Fondras said that

> >>I'm curious to see what will come out of it as I cannot envision any
> >>added value of these autoconf compared to dhclient.
> >
> >sounds like a great place to deal with wifi networks.
>
> That comment doesn't even make any sense. Wifi networks
> are not magic unicorns.

that "little userland daemon, let's call it autoconfd"
could have a privsepped part doing scans and
could make a decision how to set up the wifi interface
before dhclient is called.  i can dream, can't i?

-f
--
there is never sunshine without shadow.