On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 12:15:12PM +0200, Henning Brauer wrote:
> I'm slightly undecided on whether this should make this release or
> not...

In that situation, I usually decide that the risk won't outweigh
the benefits of just waiting for a while. No change means nobody
can get hurt.

> kernel-rtsol should make release imo.

I haven't seen a working diff yet. Last time I talked to florian there
were still some open questions. Generally, I think it's non-trivial to
move rtsold into the kernel so we should give such a change a soak period
of at least a few weeks (I don't know if there is enough time left for
that, but perhaps not). The kernel environment has much more potential
for hidden side-effects.

 > go ahead
 * You've entered a dark room with a single address space.
 * In the far corner there might be a hidden gremlin or two.
 What do you want to do?
  1] I'll commit my diff anyway.
  2] Let me go back to get my torch.
  3] I'll wait for my companion developers to show up,
     then we'll take them by surprise in the dark.
 Please pick an option: _