On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 7:21 PM, Justus Baumgartner <medde...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 6:38 AM, Philip Guenther <guent...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > That phrasing seems wrong: the environment pointer in execvpe() doesn't
> > follow "the null pointer that terminates the list of arguments".
> Something
> > more is needed to cover both.
>
> The sentence continued, "or the pointer to the argv array", which
> refers to execvpe().

Having read this afresh and looked back at how that text got there, I think
your original diff can go in.

(That text dates from when exect(), which takes argv and envp like
execvpe() does, was documented on this manpage.  It was moved to the
execve(2) manpage in 2001, but the trailing clause of this sentence was
overlooked.  With execvpe() now on this page, it can simply slip into place
where exect() originally was.)

jmc, you want to commit this?

ok guenther@