> > The issue is the change in ld.so/library_subr.c rev 1.34.  If you back that
> > change out, the crash disappears.
> >
> > The problem is that no one makes changes to the linkages inside ld.so out
> > of boredom: there was some previous program that crashed without that
> > change, but the details weren't documented or preserved in a regress/
> > program.  I've made a couple stabs at reproducing the original program so
> > that we can be sure to keep it fixed when fixing this, but haven't been
> > able to pin down a case where the committed change solved the problem.  If
> > you can figure that out, I would gladly buy you a beer or three.  Elsewise
> > we're reaching the point where we back that change out and wait for someone
> > complain...  :-(
>
> I managed to come up with a case where a double decrement takes place [..]

Hello again.  I just adjusted the case, trying to make it appropriate for
inclusion under src/regress.  I also added a (currently failing) regression
test for my original problem.  The tarball contains two directories, test3
and test4, which ought to go under /usr/src/regress/libexec/ld.so/dlclose.
Does it look ok?  Don't forget to add the subdirs in the Makefile.

  http://guu.fi/ldtest-new.tgz

Fwiw, I've also come up with a potential fix, but I'll have to test it a bit
more.

-Henri