On 13/10/14 5:09 PM, Claudio Jeker wrote:
On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 01:50:45PM -0400, Brad wrote:
On 12/10/14 3:53 PM, Claudio Jeker wrote:
This seems to be enough to help em(4) in modern laptops like the X240 to
no longer generate watchdog timeouts on high throughput.
This should only affect I218 but tests on different em(4) devices would
not hurt.

Chunk #3 is within the ICH8/IGP3 workaround, that shouldn't be changed
like that. But the rest works for the i218. I can now actually use the
Ethernet interface on my T440s. It was too unreliable under more or
less any load.

Yeah, but that chunk should be commited no the less. The FreeBSD version
does not have the duplicated line and it seems like a bad merge to me.

But that is not how the code is in the FreeBSD driver and does not match
the behavior used everywhere else in the driver as is.

believed to be clean.