On April 8, 2015 9:13:27 AM GMT+02:00, Stuart Henderson <st...@openbsd.org>
wrote:
>On 2015/04/07 20:02, Alex Wilson wrote:
>> On the topic of local tweaks to autoinstall, I was trying to use it
>for a
>> bunch of blades with very limited disk the other day, and I really
>wanted to
>> make them just create a single slice for / and some swap.
>..
>> So that then I could put
>>
>> Use (W)hole disk, use the = W
>> Use (A)uto layout, (E)dit auto layout, or create (C)ustom layout = C
>> disklabel = D\na b\n\n4g\n\na a\n\n\n\n/\np\nq\n
>>
>> in my install.conf
>
>I think this diff has been written a few times now, iirc everybody
>settled on the same method..

We strive to make install.conf readable, and not contain semi-binary data.
Also, the question asked should be specific enough to allow for more than one
disk (unless we only do the disklabel for the primary disk?).

I haven't put a great effort into it, but I'd rather present a possibility to
suck in a disklabel from a separate file and allow the user to point out said
file. IIRC, krw@ made some changes that improved that possibility.

/Alexander