Hello,

After updating one of my machines to a more recent snapshot I noticed that
networking speed was reduced and that the machine was 'less' responsive. Quick
look in systat revealed that softnet was hammering the processor (>90% interrupt
on CPU0). After reverting to a backup (older kernel) the issue with softnet
claiming the processor was gone.

I once more attempted the more recent kernel disabling queuing in pf (wild
guess). This resolved my issue with networking speed. After some digging in the
CVS log I noticed that revision 1.21 of sys/net/hfsc.c [0] altered code related
to pf queueing.

A test, using a kernel without the above changeset, results in a machine that is
behaving as expected. As I do not understand the changed code I was wondering if
there is a reason why the commit has such an impact on the system resulting in
a decreased networking speed?

[0]
http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/net/hfsc.c.diff?r1=1.20&r2=1.21&f=h
--