Hi there,

For cron driven nightly backups, recently I've added 'dump -w'
parsing to my scripts.

Noticing those mount points with fstab(5) fs_freq values of '1'
are no longer dumped nightly, but every 2nd night, I found this:

$ fgrep -n seconds /usr/src/sbin/dump/optr.c
393:            date[16] = '\0';        /* blast away seconds and year */

Therefore, for a 04:00am nightly job, I'd have to keep incrementing a
delay of 1 minute every night, so dump -w outputs those 1 day frequency
mounts, along with those of longer expires.

Could optr.c do some sort of fuzzy logic to also include those mounts
which would be considered stale within the next 15/60 minutes?

Maybe simply blasting away minutes as well would do the trick!

Cheers.
--
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged
demo.