On 24/06/15(Wed) 16:45, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 16:11:08 +0200
> > From: Martin Pieuchot <m...@openbsd.org>
> >
> > Use only one "ipi" counter just like other archs do.
> >
> > ok?
>
> Problem is that the event counters aren't really MP safe.  By keeping
> them per-CPU you circumvent any problems with that.

Do you suggest that I add another 4 counters for my CPUs #2 and #3?

Honestly the trashing is much more noticeable on the clock counter which
also not protected.  But as you know counters are 64bit long so we can't
easily use atomic operations like on sparc64.  Plus if I'm not mistaken
i386 and amd64 are already doing that...

If you have a suggestion for a correct fix, I'm interested, but I
believe this should be done anyway.