On 26/06/15(Fri) 16:00, Alexandr Nedvedicky wrote:
> Hello Martin,
>
> I accept or your comments. I just have few quick notes/questions now.
>
> > 2)  I saw that you found some ALTQ leftovers, you have some Solaris
> (2) I think ALTQs leftovers are still in CVS repo, will double check
> anyway. Stack alignment is not Solaris compatibility hack it's sparc
> compatibility. May be your C compiler takes care of this and grants
> 16/32/64 bit stack alignment. I have not examined build process
> that closely yet.

By "Solaris compatibility" I'm referring to the size of ``sa_family_t''
and the corresponding changes in "struct pfr_table".

> (3)
> >     use atomic operations rather than per-CPU counters or any other
> >     solution?  I'm also raising this question because some counters are
> can you point me to manual page or source code sample so I can have a look how
> to use per-CPU counter?

There's no such manual.  I was more asking about the reason for using
atomic operations.  Is it because you're trying to use existing APIs?
Are the macros implemented differently in Solaris?

> > 5)  I'm not sure to understand the goal of the new "pf_refcnt_t" type
> (5) Solaris defines pf_refcnt_t as 64-bit unsigned integer, pf_refcnt_t hopes
> to make porting easier. It can be defined as 32-bit on 32-bit machines.

Using a long on OpenBSD will grantee that the value fits in a register,
so it should be fine.

> > 7)  The PF_SMP_INSERT_WQ() macro to replace SLIST_INSERT() seems over-
> PF_SMP_INSERT_WQ() purpose of those is to allow every CPU/thread to
> operate on its own work-queue of ktables/kentries. The current pf
> uses 'intrusive' link members pfrkt_workq/pfrke_workq in
> pfr_ktable/pfr_kentry.
> The only idea is to stay as much close to current version as possible.

I understand that you want to stay close to the current version.  I'm
just saying that we can also modify the current version to reduce the
size of your diff.

Regards,
Martin