> On Jun 30, 2015, at 1:52 AM, mxb <m...@alumni.chalmers.se> wrote:
>

> I’m sorry but I can’t provide private key.
> It is basically production and not self-signed. Comes from Thawte.
>
> I’m able to produce output from ‘openssl enc -d base64 < key’,
> so issue from the link you pointed out is not on my side.
>
> I’m following OpenBSD-current by moving from snap to snap.
> I just actually started to deploy SSL acceleration with relayd, so I’m not
> aware on
> any prev. working snap. I had older snap which produced this issue, so I
> moved to
> up-to-date -CURRENT.
>
> Linux dist which working is FC20, with 'OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013’.
> I have 3 more key/cert pairs from Thawte. Those are OK both on FC20 and
> OpenBSD-current.
>
> Question how do I debug this?
> I’m happy to apply any patches for testing.

It would be interesting to see if you're hitting any of the extra checks added
here:

https://github.com/libressl-portable/openbsd/commit/d1114a9633e1f7004537f5238a5f1f111898ebeb

Would you be comfortable adding some extra output to the various failure points
in EVP_DecodeUpdate to see where we are bailing out?