> There are pccon* terminal descriptions for AMD/Intel PC consoles
> in /etc/termcap.I have been using them on various computers
> since 2011 without problems.
>
> I suggest to use pccon0 instead of vt220 by default
> for amd64 and i386because vt220 has not good support
> of navigation and function keys oftypical PC keyboard.
>
> History of pccon*:
> http://marc.info/?l=ncurses-bug&m=131825802104588&w=2
> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=132125411729722&w=2

Sorry, no.

Because, as soon as you ssh from such a console to another operating
system, you are now operating under the rules of their termcap
entries.  Which are not portable, because the push to distribute
modern termcap files into all-OS slowed down considerably in the
recent years.

vt220 is the baseline the kernel is trying to emulate.  I am pretty
sure such a baseline is more important to people than the fancy
extensions.

I actually wish kernel code implemented xterm.