On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 12:18:12PM -0600, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> In a more complex program with a large main() function, a call to
> exit() is an explicit statement about termination, so that even if
> someone refactors code to a subfunction, they must consider that
> it carefully.
>
> The return is not as explicit.

In general these are error conditions. We can accept exit() there
just like err() etc.

12 out of these bin/ programs in this patch call exit() right at
the end of main, as the very last line. I think it's still worth
it to cover these obvious cases, i.e. successful termination.

Makes them rather easy to review (and test), too.

Tobias