On 5 November 2015 at 00:29, Martijn van Duren <martijn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I got somewhat annoyed by the fact that OpenBSD's tail can't follow multiple
> files and since the last attempt at it was from 2008 I thought I'd give it a
> shot.

Thank you for sharing this, hope it gets accepted.

> (void)printf("%s==> %s <==\n", first ? "" : "\n", fname);

I've recently encountered a problem where I wanted to execute some code for
every new line in a set of files, but the code would be different for each file.
This "==> name <==" format is standard across systems, but it's awkward to
parse. Would OpenBSD be open to a different, non-standard and optional output
format that prefixes each line with "fname:" if there are multiple input files,
much like grep does?

--
The best the little guy can do is what
the little guy does right